( CURRENT AS OF 22 DECEMBER 2015 )
At F. C. Australia Pty Ltd ABN 76 081 217 165 ("French Connection", "we", "us") your privacy is important to us. We are committed to protecting your privacy when managing your personal information. We have policies and procedures to ensure that all personal information is handled carefully and securely in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs)) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("Privacy Act").
- what kind of personal information we may gather about you;
- how we may use that information and the choices you have regarding our use of such information;
- whether we disclose your personal information to anyone;
- how you may inquire, access and/or seek correction of your personal information and our access and correction handling procedure; and
- how you may alert us about an alleged breach of the APPs and our complaint handling procedure.
The types of information that French Connection collects from you will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the service that we are providing to you.
The type of personal information collected will be directly related to the specified purpose it has been collected for. How much of your personal information that you choose to disclose to us is completely up to you. The only way we know something about you personally is if you provide it to us. However, failure to provide certain information may result in French Connection’s being unable to provide you with the relevant product or service. We will make you aware of the purpose for which we collect the personal information and, where possible, the consequences of not providing it at the time of collection.
- If you request products or services from us, we may collect information such as your name and contact details (i.e. billing and/or postal address, phone number(s) or email address), and/or credit card details
- If you sign up to use a particular service such as our newsletter(s) and e-newsletters, mail outs (about product updates and developments, special events or promotions), loyalty or rewards program(s) or enter into a competition operated by us, we may collect information such as your date of birth and your interests and any other information required to provide that service to you (in addition to your name and contact details)
- If you participate in any surveys we, or a third party service provider acting on our behalf, may conduct from time to time on our website, personal information relating to your survey responses
- If you make an inquiry, provide feedback or make a complaint to us, we may collect your name and contact details
- If you are applying for employment with us, we may collect any information that is relevant to such employment including:
- your name and contact details (i.e. residential address, phone number(s) and/or email address); and
- any other information relevant to the recruitment process (including any information contained in the application form and your resume).
You acknowledge that the personal information we collect from you is your own information or information which you have been authorised to provide us.
French Connection does not generally collect sensitive information as defined under the Privacy Act, such as racial or ethnicity information, political opinions or associations, criminal records or health information. However, subject to obtaining your prior consent, French Connection may collect sensitive information from you in the course of considering an application for employment.
Where unsolicited information is received by French Connection (such as through our Facebook page) we will determine, within a reasonable period of time, whether or not we would be permitted to collect the information under the APPs. If it would not be permitted for French Connection to collect the information, we will destroy the information or ensure it is de-identified as soon as practicable. Otherwise, French Connection may retain the information in accordance with the terms of this policy.
We may also collect information about visitors to our website(s). For example, we may collect:
- statistical information about the number of visitors to the websites and the date, time and duration of visits;
- the name of the domain/URL from which you access our websites;
- the internet protocol address.
However, we do not collect information about the identity of the visitors unless they voluntarily provide that information.
Method of Collection
This personal information will only be collected through lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
French Connection collects your personal information when you deal with us directly, including via our website(s) or our Facebook page, via forms or correspondence (i.e. by mail or email), over the phone or in person.
French Connection may also collect personal information through our related bodies corporate and our third party service providers (such as data relating to survey responses) so that we may provide a better or more relevant product to you.
French Connection will use the personal information you have chosen to provide us for the purpose for which you provided it or a related secondary purpose which you would reasonably expect. French Connection will not use it for any other purpose without your consent, unless permitted or required by law.
Generally, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- direct marketing of products and services which we believe may interest you, including product updates and developments, special events or promotions;
- assisting us to improve our products and services and making them more relevant to you;
- assisting us to improve our website(s) or Facebook page;
- processing and assessing employment applications for current and future positions; and
- otherwise managing our internal business operations and processes
Providing the products and/or services you have requested from French Connection including for example:
- to process sales transactions (whether in store or online);
- to deliver the products or services to you;
- to register you for a service requested by you, such as our newsletter(s) and e-newsletters, mail outs, rewards program(s) or competitions and administering such services;
- to manage warranty claims;
- to respond to any inquiries, feedback or complaints made by you.
French Connection will only use your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing activities where we have obtained your consent to do so, or in circumstances where we have collected the information directly from you and you would reasonably expect that your personal information would be used or disclosed for this purpose. We may also share your personal information with our related entities, so that they can provide you directly with marketing material about their products and services.
French Connection will provide you with the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving marketing materials at the time of collection and/or at any time afterwards by either unsubscribing from the email service or contacting our Privacy Officer via the contact details provided below.
use of anonymous information
French Connection gathers anonymous information to:
- monitor the use of our website(s);
- help us make improvements to the website(s); and
- offer relevant information and services to as many users as possible.
There will be occasions when it will be necessary for French Connection to disclose your personal information to third parties. French Connection may disclose your personal information to:
- contractors and third party service providers on a confidential basis that we use in the ordinary course of our business to assist with the delivery of the product or service. This includes organisations such as marketing agencies, data processing companies, printing and mailing French Connection, delivery companies, data storage companies (which may use cloud computing storage systems which have the potential to make your personal information accessible by overseas entities) or finance agencies or debt collection agencies;
- other members of French Connection’s corporate group for marketing purposes (subject to obtaining your prior consent if those entities are not related bodies corporate of French Connection);
- government authorities or other third parties as required by law; or
- any other purpose that you have consented to.
Transfer of information outside australia
Otherwise, than stated above, we do not disclose personal information that you may give us to any organisation or person outside of French Connection unless you have authorised us to do so.
No Sale Of Personal Information
Under no circumstances will French Connection sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
The security of your information is important to us. French Connection operates secure data networks that are designed to protect your privacy and security. When we have collected information about you it cannot be seen or modified by anyone else. French Connection has implemented generally acceptable standards of technology and operational security to ensure personal information (in both physical and electronic form) is protected against loss, misuse, interference and unauthorised access.
Only authorised French Connection personnel and contractors are provided access to personal information and have agreed to ensure the confidentiality of this information. Reasonable steps are taken to destroy or permanently de-identify any personal information that is no longer required.
We review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. You should however be aware that the internet is not a secure environment and information sent via the internet (including email) cannot be guaranteed to be totally secure.
If you are a subscriber to one of our online services or products or loyalty programs, you may access your personal information by accessing your subscriber/account details via the relevant facility on our websites. Otherwise, you may at any time, request access to personal information that French Connection holds about you by making a request to our Privacy Officer at the address or email address below.
We will endeavour to process any requests for access to personal information within a reasonable period of time. Where possible, we will provide you with access to that information either by providing you with copies of the information requested, allowing you to inspect the information requested, or providing you with a summary of the information held. If we need to deny your request for access we will let you know why and inform you how you may lodge a complaint regarding this decision. Generally this will only be in cases where providing access would be unlawful or is subject to a potential legal claim or proceeding.
French Connection may charge a nominal fee for supplying personal information.
We will try to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date and relevant to the service being provided.
If you are a subscriber to one of our online services or products, you may change your personal information by accessing your subscriber/account details via the relevant facility on our website(s).
Otherwise, if you discover or suspect that there is an error or information is missing, please forward your request for correction to our Privacy Officer in writing at the address or email address below. Our Privacy Officer will consider your request and as soon as practicable manage the correction of your personal information and will update you in writing. If your correction request is refused, our Privacy Officer will provide you within a reasonable period of time the reasons for such refusal and inform you of the complaint process (see below).
If you have any complaints relating to the management of your personal information or if you believe there has been a breach of the APPs by French Connection, please forward your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer at the address or email address below.
Our Privacy Officer will consider the complaint and advise you of his/her decision in writing within a reasonable time from receipt of the complaint.
If our Privacy Officer decides that there has been a breach of the APPs, he or she will endeavour to ensure that the breach is rectified within 30 days from the date of the decision and will update you in writing. If the breach has not been rectified within 30 days, then our Privacy Officer will inform French Connection’s Managing Director in order to resolve the matter.
If you are still not satisfied after lodging a complaint with us and giving us a reasonable time to respond, then we suggest that you contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by:
Phone: 1300 363 992 (local call cost, but calls
from mobile and pay
phones may incur
higher charges). If calling from overseas (including Norfolk Island): +61 2 9284
TTY: 1800 620 241 (this number is dedicated to the hearing impaired only, no voice calls.)
TIS: Translating and Interpreting Service: 131 450 (If you don’t speak English or English is your second language and you need assistance and ask for the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner)
Post: GPO Box 2999 Canberra ACT 2601
Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
Please contact our Privacy Officer on the contact details below if you would like to:
- inquire about or request access and/or update your personal information; or
- report an alleged breach of your privacy rights or make a complaint:
Post: Privacy Officer, French Connection, 425 St Kilda Road Melbourne VIC
Telephone: (03) 9863 3200
Facsimile: (03) 9863 3201
“Personal information” has the same meaning as in the Privacy Act.
“Website(s)” refers to all websites and web pages which are owned, operated or under the control of French Connection including but not limited to www.frenchconnection.com.au/, www.facebook.com/frenchconnectionaustralia/
For more information about your privacy rights in Australia, visit the Office of the Australian Commissioner’s website, www.oaic.gov.au
By submitting an entry into this competition entrants consent to receive promotional and other marketing messages from the Promoter (or any one of them, including messages sent electronically for an unlimited period of time). Entrants will be able to opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each message sent by each Promoter. See Frenchconnection.com.au for full terms. Open to Australian residents over the age of 18. All entrants may enter as many times as they like provided that each entry is unique. Competition opens 22/04/21 at 5.00 PM and closes 06/05/21 at 11:59 AM. Winner drawn 07/05/21 at 11:00 AM at Promoter's Premises at 425 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004. The total prize pool valued at up to $1099 (incl. GST). Winner notified by email and published online at Frenchconnection.com.au from 07/05/21 for 28 days. The Promoters (referred to collectively as the ‘Promoter’) are French Connection Pty Ltd (ABN 14 007 414 557) of 425 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Fry's Fast Park Pty Ltd (ABN 34 161 541 895) of Harper Lane, Melbourne, VIC 3000 and Supernormal as The Trustee for Super Normal Unit Trust Supernormal (ABN 81 279 385 664) of 180 Flinders Lane, Melbourne, VIC 3000
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
3. Subject to the clauses below, entry is open to all residents of Australia who have fulfilled the requirements set out below ('Eligible Entrants'). Entrants must be over the age of 18, as of the date of entry.
4. Employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, associated agencies and companies, contractors or individuals are not eligible to enter this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin. 5. The Promoters (referred to in these terms collectively as the ‘Promoter’) are French Connection Pty Ltd (ABN 14 007 414 557) of 425 St Kilda Road , Melbourne, VIC 3004, Fry's Fast Park Pty Ltd (ABN 34 161 541 895) of Harper Lane, Melbourne, VIC 3000 and Super Normal as The Trustee for Super Normal Unit Trust Supernormal (ABN 81 279 385 664) of 180 Flinders Lane, Melbourne, VIC 3000.
How to enter
6. To enter Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotional Period (defined below):
go to Frenchconnection.com.au and provide an email address to be added to the
7. By submitting an entry into this competition entrants consent to receive promotional and other marketing messages from the Promoter (including each one of them and including messages sent electronically for an unlimited period of time). Entrants will be able to opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each message sent by the Promoter. 8. Entries must provide contact details on request to be eligible to win. Entrants may only enter in their own name. Inaudible, incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete entries may be deemed invalid.
Number of Entries permitted
9. All entrants may enter as many times as they like provided that each email address is unique in their entry and submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Open, Close, Draw and Publish dates
10. The competition commences on 22/04/2021 at 5.00 PM and closes 06/05/2021 at 11:59 AM ('Promotional Period'). All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are local times, based on the location of the Promoter. If any draw date falls on a public holiday, as defined in the state of the Promoter, that draw will be conducted on the next business day. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time. 11. The winner will be the first valid entry drawn at Promoter's Premises at 425 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004 on 07/05/2021 at 11:00 AM. The Promoter will ensure that all entries have an equal chance of winning a prize. 12. The winner will be notified by email within two business days of the draw. Their name will also be published on 07/05/2021 at Frenchconnection.com.au for 28 days . 13. Prizes (or in the case of vouchers, prize confirmations) will be sent within 28 days of the draw. 14. The Promoter may conduct such further draws on 09/08/2021 (at 11:00 at Promoter's Premises at 425 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004) as the original draw in order to distribute any prizes unclaimed by this date, subject to State and Territory legislation. Winners of any further draws will be notified by email within two business days of the draw. Their names will also be published on 11/08/2021 at Frenchconnection.com.au for 28 days.
Prize on offer
15. The total prize pool is valued at up to $1,099 (Including GST), as at 22/04/2021.
16. The total number of competition winners in this competition is one. The prize on offer is:
|Number of winners||Prize description||Value of each|
1 x overnight stay for 2 at Notel Melbourne ($399)
1 x Dinner for 2 at Supernormal ($200)
1 x $500 French Connection gift voucher ($500)
•Gift voucher is valid for three years from date of issue
•Gift voucher is valid for 3 years from date of issue
•Not transferable for cash
•Not transferable for redemption in any other Trader House venue
•Voucher must be presented at time of dining
• The prize is valid for one year exactly after the comp closes.
• The prize can be redeemed against a standard Airstream any Sunday -
Thursday excluding public holidays valued at $399.
• Promoter will not provide interstate airfares if winner lives outside
Victoria, or airport transfers.
• If winner lives outside Victoria and cannot enter the state within 12
months due to uncontrolled border closures, the voucher life will be
17. Where the prize involves driving, travel or an event, winners and any companions under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their legal parent or guardian over the age of 18 at all times.
18. Unless expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions all other expenses are the responsibility of the winners (and their companions) including but not limited to current passports, visas, meals, spending money, transport to and from departure and arrival points, transfers, drinks, incidentals, mini-bar, laundry, room service, telephone calls, activities, gratuities, services charges, travel insurance, pre and post accommodation, optional activities or excursions and all other ancillary costs. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges. Holidays are subject to flight and booking availabilities.
19. By entering this competition, and by collecting a prize, the winner acknowledges and accepts that driving, travel and any other activities comprising the prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur whilst the winner is travelling. It is the responsibility of the prize-winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. The Promoter does not guarantee that the winner will enjoy the travel prize or be suited to the type of travel prize that is offered.
20. Travel arrangements to and from the winner's home and their nearest capital city airport do not form part of the prize unless expressly stated in these terms & conditions and are the responsibility of the winner and their travelling companion/s. The winner must travel on the same flights and itinerary as their travelling companions. The travel prize cannot be used as part payment for another airfare package. Frequent flyer points cannot be accrued on this prize. Flights and accommodation are subject to availability at the time of booking and cannot be exchanged for other destinations. Travel restrictions & blackout dates apply. Prizes cannot be taken during peak periods or school holidays, and winners must provide all suppliers with a minimum of 21 days' advance notice of intention to travel. Embargo restrictions apply during certain periods. Bookings are subject to conditions & availability (including but not limited to capacity limitations and other restrictions).
21. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
Further Terms and Conditions
22. Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated and any claim they have to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false information or who seeks to gain an unfair advantage or to manipulate this competition.
23. Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
24. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. Cash will not necessarily be awarded as a substitute. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier's requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
25. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner's deed of release (and indemnification) or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or has breached these Terms and Conditions.
28. The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is subject to State and Territory legislation but also final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner's nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Privacy Collection statement
29. By submitting an entry into this competition entrants consent to receive promotional and other marketing messages from the Promoter (including messages sent electronically for an unlimited period of time). Entrants will be able to opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each message sent by the Promoter.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
31. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received.
32. In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
33. Prize-winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
34. The Promoter (subject to State and Territory legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition or if such a change is required to ensure the safety of the Promoter, its representatives and of entrants. Such changes may include the timing of any draw, the conduct of any prize related activities, and the timing or destination of any travel. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition. In particular, computer generated entries and the use "scripting" is not permitted and will not be accepted.
35. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. 36. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ('Non-Excludable Guarantees'). 37. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.